Monday, July 30, 2012

It's Miscellaneous Monday!!

Each Monday I post a combination of five random things either about myself, responses to questions from followers or general thoughts on current events. If you'd like to participate you can leave a comment or send me an email at Mackpack@insightbb.com.


Over the course of the last five years I've almost stopped watching TV entirely. I'd much rather spend my precious free time curled up with a good book. Here are some of the titles that are next in line on my reading list:
  • Fork in the Road To Apocalypse by Jeff Gonsalves (In process)
  • Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
  • The 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy by EL James
  • A Discovery of Witches / Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
  • Blood and Mint Chocolates by Adrianne Brennan
  • Carbon Copy by Terri Talley Venters
  • Slave Trader by Carol Marvell
  • Last Chance Upon a Murdor by Desiree Lee
  • Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon  


It's funny how every four years we all gather around to watch a bunch of sports we know absolutely nothing about, and are on the edge of our seats cheering our guts out for our country to win. I mean, when is the last time before Friday that you watched Badminton? or water Polo?




Teresa and I LOVE going to the movies! After nineteen years together we still treat ourselves to a "date night" each week, which more often than not includes a show. So if you're wondering if the latest release is worth seeing drop me a line, and I'd be happy to share my thoughts :)










One of the great questions I have pondered since childhood is "What's at the end of the Universe?" I mean, is there a giant "Stop - turn back now" sign? How could something like Space end? Then again, how can anything be infinite? I've read all the theories about how space is bent and all that but to me that's a cop out. That would be like saying "because you have no sense of direction and keep driving around in circles, it proves the City of Louisville goes on forever."



Me and my Brothers played in several 4-on-4 basketball tournaments growing up... and got slaughtered in all of them :) Believe it or not, the skinny one second from the right is me. God what I'd give to be back within 60 LBS of that weight again! In order from left to right it's Brian, Kevin, me and Craig. We may have sucked (okay, we did suck), but no one grew up in a closer family. Along with my sister, they are my best friends to this day.

3 comments:

  1. In reverse order...

    Hey, who are those football players with b-balls in their hands? Love the tall socks and the plaid shorts!

    As for the wonders of the universe, I don't spend much time pondering these things, but I do not believe we are alone. With many infinite universes, it is ignorant to think that we are alone.

    As for date night, that is awesome CM. Gotta keep the flame burning. Especially after the kids have grown up and/or moved out. If you don't still have a relationship, things in common with your wife, you are going to be stuck with your brothers! MA and I went to the REO / Boston concert this past Sunday. It was awesome!

    I am an Olympics junkie! I was up 'till 2:00am the other night, watchin frigging beach volleyball. U-S-A!!

    Ok, getting tired, so I will end it with this. I really don't read as much as I should, but I am getting more into lately. A few of the books in your list sound pretty cool. I may have to give one of them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Craig,

    I heard you guys were catching REO but I didn't know Boston was with them... quite the concert. How did it turn out?

    Football players on a b-ball court sums up our game well - especially the flagrant fouls :)

    On the reading front, if you let me know what genres you're interested in I can give ya some more specific recommendations.

    I definitely agree we are not alone.

    On the Olympic front, what's up with Phelps this year and the new anchor that was supposed to surpass him? Come on guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, CM! We feel the same way too!

    I know what you mean about the Olympics!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete